Friday, December 16, 2011

Coffee & Politics

Residents have been asking questions about the event coming up next Tuesday, December 20th at the Summerwood Second Cup at Lakeland Dr and Cloverbar Road.

I invited all nominees that have declared in the PC party race to come out to get together with residents.

Please understand my intent is not to promote a particular party, and will not use my political position to support any particular candidate or any specific party. I have no wish to influence my residents. I believe in the process - and that residents have minds of their own!!
My goal is to encourage participation in all levels of government and thus I hope encourage a greater turn out at elections of all levels and parties.

Next Tuesday is organized as a fireside chat - an opportunity for residents to have one on one conversation with candidates. We will seat each candidate at separate tables to avoid a forum or debate enviornment. - You see this is not a forum or a debate - this is a way for residents to come and ask their own questions in person.

Some residents have said they want an opportunity to visit with representatives from other parties - so be it. If you like this idea - I certainly will be pleased to organize another one in the New Year when an election is called - so that people can come and chat in person with candidates from other parties.

In the mean time come out on the Dec. 20, 2011 to raise your issues with the canditates who are trying to represent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. For the protection of all resident blog readers, all comments will be moderated for spam. Valid comments will be posted as quickly as possible.